About LSL Local Optical Committee
The objectives of the Lambeth, Southwark, and Lewisham LOC can be summarized as follows:
– To inform, advise and negotiate with NHS England Area Teams (ATs) or Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) on matters affecting, or liable to affect, local contractors and local performers, including, but not limited to:
• the efficient administration and payment of remuneration in relation to Primary Ophthalmic Services
• the introduction and implementation of any community eye care services
• Hospital Eye Services, in so far as they affect Primary Ophthalmic Services
• complaints against local contractors and local performers in respect of Primary Ophthalmic Services or community eye care services in the area.
– To disseminate information and advice about Primary Ophthalmic Services and community eye care services.
– To assist optometrists to understand and comply with their terms of service and to assist them if dealing with complaints in respect of Primary Ophthalmic Services or community eye care services.
Chair: Pritesh Patel
Vice-Chair: Uma Patel
Treasurer: John Fried
Admin Secretary: Charles Greenwood
You can contact the LOC by the methods below:
020 8663 9014
c/o JCL Consulting
Unit 3, 2 Thayers Farm Road,